I’ve just finished another tip weekend this time it was focusing on Link Building. If you missed some of them here’s a recap of al the tips from over the two days. Enjoy.
- Don’t buy links EVER! If you advertise make sure nofollow is used.
- Look for top lists & best of’s and ask to be included.
- Use Open Site Explorer to find your back links. Use it on your competitors as well.
- Find where your competitors links come from and promote in the same places & do better.
- Promote your site on social but engage with others. More exposure = more links.
- Conduct industry interviews & put them on your blog as text or podcast.
- Sponsor a local event which should generate direct traffic & sales + extra links.
- Write exceptional, in-depth, original content and the links will follow.
- Do something newsworthy for local & national press which will get lots of publicity and links.
- Create a knowledge base section on your website & become an expert on your subject. It will be linked to!
I hope these tips have been useful. If you have time check out my 10 Tip Title tag Weekend from the other week and don’t forget to leave your ideas in the comments.