Its time for more tips!
Don’t forget you can grab tips every day on my Twitter feed or just nip over here every Friday afternoon to download the very latest in-depth tips podcast.
This is what you can hear about this week:
- Google issues penalties for spammy Schema code. Test your code & don’t use it to try & manipulate results.
- New reports says 87% of Facebook customer messages are ignored. Use software to monitor pages & set up notifications.
- Use Fetch As Google in the Search Console to get your page added quickly to the index.
- Don’t ignore Google+. Its not dead yet & engagement is better than Facebook & Twitter.
- Develop an SEO mindset when working on your website. Focus on what’s best for the user & not the search engine.
- Don’t spread yourself too thin on Social Media. A great job on a few is better than being poor on all.
- Use the nofollow tag on all advertising you buy or sell. Buying links is against Google’s T&C’s.
- Add a Password Security section to your social media policy. Write down when passwords should be changed.
- Don’t use many hide/show tabs on your website. Give content to your users immediately & don’t make them click to read content.
- Leave space for a Retweet. Twitter adds RT: name to retweets & it uses up characters.
That’s it for this week…. np along next Friday for another instalment.